What is the best entity for your business?
Business owners face a number of potential challenges when choosing and setting up an entity, including: how personal liability will be shielded from the business’ obligations; how future disputes with business partners will be handled; whether the business will be eligible for certain tax advantages; and whether the company will be able to issue multiple types of stock, attract investment, or allow for a future IPO.
Our office helps business owners and entrepreneurs address these and other issues in order to ensure that the business gets off to a good start.
We have advised clients on the following legal issues:
- Formation of limited liability companies, limited partnerships, S and C Corporations
- Business By-Laws, Articles of Incorporation, and Minutes of Meeting
- Partnership agreements and operating agreements
- Initial business contracts, including employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and buy-sell agreements
- Business licensing and permits
- Fictitious name statements
- Securities filings
Please call us at 650.329.9500 if you would like more information.